Buying Mobility Scooters Wisely
A mobility scooter can better lead your way to freedom and independence. Mobility scooters are great investments that can be enjoyed for several years. Therefore, one should carefully choose the mobility scooter that will best suit his/her needs. Here is a list of guide questions that can help you buy the most essential and appropriate mobility scooter for you.
1. Will the mobility scooter be used to travel indoors or outdoors? If you intend to travel your mobility scooter indoors, like inside the home or at the malls, a compact type of mobility scooter with easy maneuverability and a fixed turning radius is the right option. On the other hand, when traveling outdoors are considered, like on highways or difficult landscapes, a sturdier and more rugged mobility scooter that has the capability to pass through rougher roads/grounds is recommended. Speed and stability must also be considered for long outdoor travels. Also, it is important to note that mobility scooters that will travel on main roads should be equipped with taillights and headlights with speed of 8 mph minimum, as provided by law.
2. Do you intend to navigate difficult terrains? If it would be necessary for you to pass through rough roads like curbs or steep hills, a mobility scooter with four wheels may provide you with extra power and stability to deal with obstacles.
3. Is the mobility scooter comfortable for you? In choosing a mobility scooter, the support and room of a 3-wheeled scooter will best accommodate the length of your legs. For individuals who find it difficult to sit upright, the stability of a 4-wheeled scooter is a perfect choice. Also, a seat that swivels can add more comfort for trouble-free way to get in and out of the vehicle.
4. Do you need a mobility scooter that can be easily stored and transported? Some mobility scooters can be folded and be fitted in the boot of your car. And many of these scooters can also be dismantled and re-assembled with no tools necessary. If you own a large automobile, bringing along a fixed and full-sized mobility scooter will not be any trouble. However, for a safer and more convenient travel, as well as for easy storage, compact and foldable mobility scooters will make a brilliant choice.
5. Do you want to include accessories in your mobility scooter? Certain models of mobility scooters feature a variety of accessories that are both stylish and functional. Some may include canopies to protect the occupant from the rain while others may have storage for cargoes or crutches. Scooter accessories can be personalized according to the preference of the buyer or eventual user.
6. Where do you like to purchase your mobility scooter? The conventional way of buying mobility scooters is purchasing them offline at dedicated mobility stores and dealers. But with the popularity of the Internet nowadays, online shopping for mobility scooters are becoming a hit. Many online stores offer free door-to-door shipping and an exchange/return policy for defective or unsatisfactory mobility scooters. Buying a mobility scooter may be somehow overwhelming, so think first before purchasing. Be a wise consumer! GP
Scooters Australia Articles
Scooters Australia Books